On January 31, 2018 help us erase the stigma around mental health by talking, tweeting, hashtag-ing, and texting.
DID YOU KNOW:
- Half a million Canadians miss work daily because of a mental health problem or illness.
- Mental health is the number one cause of disability claims in Canada (30% of all).
- 1 in 5 Canadians will experience a mental health problem this year.
- $198 billion - The amount of money Canadian businesses will spend due to lost productivity because of mental illness.
- In 2017 there were 729,065,564 interactions on Bell Let's Talk Day
- 7$ Million was raised for community grant funds
How you can help:
- Change the Stigma. Talk, learn, share information.
- Promote mental health in the workplace, schools, and homes.
- Foster recovery and well-being for people of all ages living with mental health problems and illnesses, and uphold their rights.
- Provide access to the right combination of services, treatments and supports, when and where people need them.
- Reduce disparities in risk factors and access to mental health services, and strengthen the response to the needs of diverse communities and Northerners.
- Work with First Nations, Inuit, and Métis to address their mental health needs, acknowledging their distinct circumstances, rights and cultures.
- Mobilize leadership, improve knowledge, and foster collaboration at all levels.
- Be kind.