Position: Office Assistant – Full Time
This full time position involves a commitment of 35-40 hours per week and includes afternoon/evening shifts from 11:30 AM to 7:30 PM Monday to Friday. The job duties for this position are a combination of direct patient care as an Exercise Therapist and administrative tasks under the direction of the Office Manager. The Exercise Therapist duties include instructing patients on exercise technique and guiding them through exercise programs in collaboration with a physical therapist, assisting the physical therapists in patient set ups, and general cleaning of equipment and the clinic. Responsibilities also involve supervising physical therapy aides. Administrative tasks include answering phones, taking payments, scheduling appointments and managing the front office under the direction of the Office Manager. The Office Assistant will also be responsible for problem solving issues and ensuring smooth running of the clinic in the absence of the Office Manager.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor degree in Physical Education or Kinesiology, Physical Therapy Assistant Diploma or a NAIT Personal Fitness Trainer Diploma
- 2-5 years of experience working in a rehabilitation setting or a facility that concentrates on exercise, specifically a private physical therapy clinic
- Familiarity of WCB, MVA and AHS protocols
- A background in exercise therapy with a strong knowledge of exercise technique and musculoskeletal anatomy
- Leadership qualities to assist in running the office, supervising Exercise Therapists and Physical Therapy Aides and maintaining supplies in the clinic
- Understanding of communication, patient rapport and customer service with a welcoming and friendly attitude
- Ability to multi-task, manage time effectively, and show initiative in completing tasks while working in a fast paced and busy environment
- Team player attitude with an interest in further education and comprehensive patient care
This is a great career opportunity for an Exercise Therapist to move into an administrative role while continuing to work in a rehabilitation setting with a motivated patient population. Compensation for this position is a competitive salary based on experience and includes a comprehensive benefit package and paid vacation time.
Please forward your cover letter and resume by email only to email@example.com and address it to: Cindy Cinats, Fraser Rebnord and Emily Coggles.
Be sure to clearly indicate which position you are interested in.
Only applicants with a background in exercise therapy will be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.