Part Time Physical Therapy Aide
Position: Physical Therapy Aide – Part Time
This part time position involves a commitment of 1-3 shifts per week and includes evening hours on Monday to Friday and daytime hours on Saturday. The job duties include teaching exercises to patients, assisting the physical therapists in patient set ups, completing administrative tasks under the direction of the Office Manager, and general cleaning of equipment and the clinic. Training will be provided on the job, however a background in exercise is essential. Experience with physical therapy modalities and treatments is an asset.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Enrolled as a student in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Physical Therapy, or similar program
- Knowledgeable in exercise technique and musculoskeletal anatomy
- Interested in gaining experience in a physical therapy setting
- Aware of the importance of communication, patient rapport and customer service
- Able to multi-task, manage time effectively, and take direction well in a fast paced and busy environment
- A team player with a positive attitude and an interest in comprehensive patient care
This is great opportunity for students looking to enter the physical therapy field and gain experience with patients in a rehabilitation setting. Hourly wage is based on previous experience.
Please forward your cover letter and resume by email only to email@example.com and address it to: Cindy Cinats, Fraser Rebnord and Emily Coggles.
Be sure to clearly indicate which position you are interested in.
Only applicants with a background in exercise therapy will be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.