Position: Exercise Therapist – Full Time
This full time position involves a commitment of 35-40 hours per week (Monday to Friday) and includes both daytime and evening shifts. The job duties include instructing patients on exercise technique and guiding them through exercise programs in collaboration with a physical therapist, assisting the physical therapists in patient set ups, completing administrative tasks, and general cleaning of equipment and the clinic. Exercise Therapists are also responsible for supervising physical therapy aides.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor degree in Physical Education or Kinesiology, Physical Therapy Assistant Diploma or a NAIT Personal Fitness Trainer Diploma
- A background in exercise therapy with a strong knowledge of exercise technique and musculoskeletal anatomy
- Understanding of communication, patient rapport and customer service
- Ability to multi-task, manage time effectively, and show initiative in completing work
- Experience working in a rehabilitation setting, specifically a private physical therapy clinic
- Team player attitude with an interest in further education and comprehensive patient care
This is a great opportunity for an Exercise Therapist to be part of a team and work in a rehabilitation setting with a motivated patient population. Compensation for this position is a competitive salary based on experience and includes a comprehensive benefit package and paid vacation time.
Please forward your cover letter and resume by email only to email@example.com and address it to: Cindy Cinats, Fraser Rebnord and Emily Coggles.
Be sure to clearly indicate which position you are interested in.
Only applicants with a background in exercise therapy will be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.